I am the optimal candidate because I have always sought information from as many sources as possible to establish a well-informed choice. I believe that all political parties, as well as educators, specialists, and community members have insight that promote prosperity in Mesa County. I know that I can and will find common ground with all players to keep Mesa County beautiful and prosperous through responsible development.
· Promote well-educated and responsible water use to avoid water restrictions. Many Mesa County residents over water, or water at less optimal times for the soil and clay content of our lands. I promote education on this topic as well as incentives to xeriscape and reduce overall use before engaging in restrictions.
· Responsible development. With no development we become stagnant, and employment and housing become concerns. With overdevelopment, Mesa County could lose agricultural lots and recreation of our rivers and lands. I intend to promote balance between the two.
· The oil and gas industry is not going away. Accept that. Can we supplement this with renewables? Absolutely! This will reduce the burden on our electricity grid, but not reduce employment of our oil and gas workers. Both industries must create a delicate balance of supporting each other, and as a certified solar installer, I understand the inner workings of this process.
· I believe that our nation was intended as a true Democracy to have freedom of choice. I was told days before the deadline to run for public office that the Democratic candidate for County Commissioner dropped out, and that I was a qualified candidate.
· I wanted to give Mesa County a second option, an opposing view that might bring about change that supports my community. I believe public service is a personal responsibility as a citizen of this great nation.
· So, while I did have my hands full with two kids and my wife and I working full time, I chose to run for County Commissioner. I believe I have a balanced approach that can help promote responsible growth of Mesa County and provide our residents prosperity.